2.5 - 3.5 kgs.
Sociable, bold, courageous, inquisitive, stubborn, playful, mischievous, and affectionate. Tendency to guard their food and toys.
Prone to fractures, slipped stifle, PDA (Patent Ductus Arteriosus), open fontanel, skin conditions and respiratory problems in hot weather.
This is a very small, square and compactly shaped dog. The coat is harsh and rough, and should be kept clean and matt-free.
Common Pet Grooming practices:
Give short 'puppy' cut (which is easy to maintain) using clippers.
- Trim nails and grind as short as possible.
- Neaten paw-pads and scissor around the paws.
- Trim hocks.
- Shape legs into parallel pillars.
- Retain body fur length at about one inch, and neatly trim.
- Clear the stop area with thinners or a clipper.
- Clip ear-hair very short.
- Line comb and brush down right up to the skin to ensure that no dead fur or matts are left behind.
- Clean sanitary areas and undercarriage.
- Trim hair (short) on the back of the tail.
- Trim fur on the dog's head round and full, eyes and nose to be set in the centre. Neaten the muzzle to create a perfectly round head.
- Use deshedders to finish off the groom (if required).